Façades of The Hague #56

Sculpture called Multipipe.

Placed in 1977 it is stylistically a true monument to its time: playful, abstract, and transparently constructed of industrial materials.

It was designed by a group of three artists (they appropriately called themselves De Groep – ‘The Group’): Peter ten Hoorn (1934), Henk van der Plas (1936 – 2009) and Fred van de Walle (1942).

Positioned along Escamplaan it could be interpreted as a joyful goodbye to travellers to the greenhouse horticulture area south of The Hague, the so called Westland.

[Click on the pictures to enlarge]

© Villa Next Door 2017

All pictures were made in March 2017

 

Bertus Pieters